Selling your home can often be an exciting yet daunting experience. Seeking expert advice from your agent can add thousands of dollars to your sale price and offer some piece of mind when it comes to selling. Below are some handy tips to increase your property’s appeal to buyers:
To get the best possible outcome when selling your home you need to conduct research. We recommend speaking with your trusted agent about the current market conditions and ask them to complete a market appraisal of your property.
- Speak to your agent
- Is it the best time to sell?
- Would an auction be better than a list price?
- What similar houses have been sold in the area?
The old saying “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” doesn’t really apply in the real estate world. Potential buyers will drive by a property prior to making an appointment for an inspection that is why it important to always have your property well maintained and presented.
- Street appeal – property owners can sometimes be bias so ask a friend to evaluate the street appeal of your home.
- Make an entrance – often small changes can have a large impact. You want buyers to feel like they are walking into their front door.
- Clean and fresh – Before any inspections clean your property, open blinds and windows and add a scent…nothing too strong (fresh flowers are always a nice touch).
- Call the handyman – Fix any property damage, replace light bulbs and check for leaking taps. Generally the buyer won’t want to do any “fix up work” without asking for a price reduction.
- Make room – Remove any clutter or unnecessary furniture. Let the buyer picture their belongings in the space.
- Pets – Remove pets from the property during an inspection and make sure you have cleaned up after them
- Warmth – Make sure the temperature of your home is warm and inviting.
Seeking the right advice and making simple changes will help you to achieve your property goals!